Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday - Yoga for Sleep Hygiene

Yoga For Better Night Sleep

If you read my previous posts about yoga, you may have read that I have a 7 year old son with autism. I have come to find, in my own experiences that, yoga has really shifted my son's energy once done with a grounding yoga sequence. He usually tells me, "I'm tired now." It has been proven yoga can induce a better night sleep. My son and I rest so well after we do yoga before bed. 

Yoga is gentle, grounding, and restorative way to calm down your energy, preparing you for a good rest. Breathing and visualization is key here though! Take your time, listen to your breath, breath in a warm gentle divine light, and exhale everything which no longer serves you. Breath out the tension, annoyance, and negativity. Give yourself permission to rest and let go. You can breath in peace, relaxation, or anything you with. Anything that you think will help release stress and calm your energy. 

Typically, I like to pair my yoga and meditation with some calming stones such as: rose quartz, blue lace agate, blue calcite, selenite, amethyst, etc. I try to stay away from clear quartz at night because clear quartz is an enhancer of energy. It's ability is that, it amplifies and raises energy. At night, it typically wants to calm your energy. 

Well  hope that you enjoyed this post! Don't forget that my fellow yogis and I are host a GIVEAWAY! In order to eligible to win, you have to head over to Facebook or Instagram and follow @theJenn_barlow @alignwithariel , TAG @melmarieyoga , use HASHTAG #truthaboutyoga and #exposetoinform . The winner will receive a health based EO blend created by The Divine Crown LLC ( @the_divine_crown ) and an intention gemstone bracelet.  


No comments:

Post a Comment