Friday, June 12, 2020

Misconceptions About yoga: "All yoga is the same."

Are you on INSTAGRAM?
🦋With everything going on and the need for stress management we want to address the access barriers to yoga and mindfulness practices. We will spend the rest of the month debunking misconceptions and myths around yoga and mindfulness in hopes to educate and empower our community in their personal wellness.
🌿GIVEAWAY: Share, repost, tag or post your own perspective and process to the debunking by following with our weekly hashtags and tagging @thejenn_barlow @alignwithariel @melmarieyoga.
🌀Each week a winner will be announced. Week One winner receive a Meditate Daily shirt, a Chakra Alignment meditation oil blend created by The Divine Crown @the_divine_crown , and an intention bracelet stack with howlite and tigers eye stones. To be eligible to win, you must be following!
#exposetoinform
WEEK ONE
FRIDAY
MISCONCEPTION ABOUT YOGA - " All yoga is the same."

-For me and other's who are being educated in the practice of Yoga, this misconception is actually easy to dispel. It is believed to many that all yoga is the same.
-In actuality, there is not one single practice of yoga. From Bikram, to Kundalini, to Hatha, and SO much more, you actually have a plethora of options to choose from.
- You can try a yoga class just about anywhere from dedicated yoga studios, to gyms, and even military bases these days.
- You will have a different experience each time because, each mindfulness coach has a different style. As time goes on, I'm noticing that there are many styles of yoga which can call to different people. It is just a matter of knowing your own style and which yoga practice fit you best, and speaks to your essence.
- How many times have you tried yoga that you had decided it is not for you? How many different styles have you tried? Did you know you can create your own unique flow? Did you come away from a class or two and were disappointed?
-Keep trying until you find your type!
- I have my own style that is coming to fruition and i'm in love with the fact that I can add my own unique style to my yoga practice as a mindfulness coach.
- I have begun to incorporate my 7 year old autistic son into my yoga practice and I have seen results! This has become a new found passion of mine and am working toward my own research and documentation on yoga for autism. I'm so excited to get started on that journey with my son, and hopefully other children with disabilities as well.
-You see, there is a yoga practice for everyone, even those with special needs.
*What can you add to this post about "all yoga is the same." Interact with me and you could be eligible to win some pretty awesome tools for your yoga practice! Whatever that may look like to you!

With so much gratitude,
Namaste,
Jennifer J. Barlow

Image may contain: one or more people and text

No comments:

Post a Comment